Monday, June 30, 2014

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics "Kintsukuroi"

Hello there, blog friends! 


I have come to you to show this insanely stunning golden polish that has made even me believe that yellow tones are for all. The glorious polish in question is "Kintsukuroi" by Carpe Noctem Cosmetics. If you're curious about what Kintsukuroi means, let me elaborate. Kintsukuroi is an ancient Japanese art that involves using lacquer resin combined with powdered gold, silver, or platinum to repair broken pottery. It represents the philosophy of "wabi-sabi" which encourages accepting flaws and acknowledging them as part of human life. Rather than tossing a broken thing away, both wabi-sabi and Kintsukuroi encouage re-purposing of the broken and even drawing attention to the flaws. It also ties in with Mushin, or no mind, by accepting the flaws as human fate and embracing them. Pretty stinking cool huh? With all that being said, check out this picture of actual Kintsukuroi

(credit to Google images)

I love this! It's amazingly stunning and so poetic. Now for the polish...


 


This one is in my lighting indoors! See how it kinda glows just like the molten golden veining of Kintsukuroi? I love how much Emily can bring a holo to life by infusing it with some sort of magical, warm glow. The holo is definitely not lost in this one either. This is two coats with one coat of topcoat. 


Here it is in indirect sunlight. I couldn't stop staring at the softness of it in this lighting. And look, no lobster hands! You can even see the holo in this lighting as well. 


This last one is in full sunlight, baby. And man does it deliver. Look at the holo, look at the stunning regal feel of the golden color... and that glow! 

I can't say that I own many polishes that are in this color family, and I know for a fact I can't say that any of them look like this. This such a unique color- and I just adore the inspiration behind it. Keep an eye on Emily's shop over at Carpe Noctem Cosmetics on Etsy, or her Facebook page (or both!) for this pretty baby's release and more!






No comments:

Post a Comment