Thursday, September 18, 2014

Octopus Party Nail Lacquer "Witches Get Stitches" Fall 2014

Hey hey hey,

First of all, I want to apologize for my lengthy absence. I broke a nail, then I broke another nail, and then life got a little hectic-ah! But I figured since I left you all with a glittering beauty from Octopus Party Nail Lacquer that I would welcome myself back with one as well. It's probably no secret that I really, really enjoy Dave's polishes. The formula, the color selection, the uniqueness of what's offered, and super fast shipping are all great. Not to mention, I feel that Octopus Party deserves far more attention than it gets for the previous reasons. I've got 3 colors to show you from his up and coming Fall 2014 collection, but first up is "Witches Get Stitches". 

Witches Get Stitches is described as a fuchsia jelly with garnet, gold, and lavender flakes. Let me tell you, this is a super gorgeous, flecked polish. The glitters just bounce off of each other and reflect a ton of different ways in different lights. Unfortunately Arizona weather doesn't want to cooperate this week and it's very cloudy/rainy here so I can't show you its glory in the sun *insert sad panda face here*.























In all 3 of these pictures I've used 3 coats of "Witches Get Stitches" with one coat of top coat. The sparkle is awesome because the lavender glints subtly while the gold and garnet really smack you in the face. So much glintiness (not a word but I'm rolling with it) going on! 



I know, I know. More macros- but with this much shimmer and glitter variation I just had to. Looooooook at it! Glorious. You can see how the garnet adds a lot of depth to the fuchsia jelly base, all while providing the perfect back drop for the gold to shine through. 

Formula was good, and all photos above show 3 coats with one coat topcoat! Dry time was awesome and I am on day 2 of wear with no chips at all! So really the only bummer about this gorgeous color is that it's an LE for the upcoming Fall 2014 collection. Make sure you're watching Dave's Facebook/social media for more updates, but this among loads of other gorgeous colors are dropping on September 26th. If you're waiting in agony for some pretties from OPNL, check out his Etsy and nab some great stuff now to hold you over.

Until next time lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment