Monday, September 22, 2014

Octopus Party Nail Lacquer "Pumpkin Slice"

Hello there!

I just want to preface this post by saying that I may talk a ton about pumpkins, and pumpkin things. I love fall, and while the part of the world I live in doesn't really get fall, I do my best to participate in it. So far I've had pumpkin latte's, baked pumpkin cupcakes, cookies, pie, but I digress.  Dave over at Octopus Party Nail Lacquer is seriously killing this Fall 2014 collection, and this pumpkin holo called "Pumpkin Slice" (which is an LE!) is practically edible.

























Ahhhhhhh! It's another supremely glowy jelly holo! This formula is really similar to the jelly holo "Gold Vibrations" from the Gold Crush duo by OPNL. And I really dig it. I found this one to be a bit more opaque, only needing 2 coats. I really loved how brilliant and radiant this holo was. I didn't even use top coat here because it was so shiny without I didn't find the need for it.

Unfortunately the week I swatched this bad boy it was cloudy and gloomy in Arizona, so I didn't get to snap any sunshots. I can imagine how perfectly glorious this would be though basking in the rays of the sun. I think my favorite thing about this is it really looks like a pumpkin coated in holographic deliciousness.



These macro's really show just how glowtastic and holo Pumpkin Slice is. I think it's definitely a must have. I can imagine myself using this for a gradient or a cute little pumpkin accent nail. I'm always a bit cautious with orange colors but I think this one would look good on just about anyone. I kept thinking about having a pumpkin spice latte with some pumpkin loaf while I was painting my nails! 

As far as formula goes, it's solid. Dry time was perfect as well! No gloppy feel to it even though it's a bit on the jelly side and it was opaque in two easy coats.

If you want super pumpkin holoness on your nails be sure to keep an eye on Dave on Facebook and on his Etsy store! This along with the rest of the Halloween collection is dropping on September 26th so be sure to be there or be square. And remember... PUMPKIN ALL THE THINGS! (even your nails).

Until next time lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment